Editing Video




Editing video feedback and learner response 


Teacher Feedback:
  • Nice concept and narrative. Opening shot very well
  • Match-on-action is a little clunky through the door- a close-up or similar cutaway would have helped
  • As discussed, 180 degree rule an important lesson here
  • Focus on shot framing of conversation also a weakness with the future coursework in mind
Student Feedback:
  • Very funny and amusing 
  • Good camera shots and angles
  • Broke 180 degree rule
  • Camera was a little bit blurry
I didn't meet the brief completely. This was because I broke the 180 degree rule and also the camera was a little blurry. Also, there were some continuity issues as in one shot the door was opened and in the other the door was closed. However, my narrative and editing (in terms of adding text etc and creating straight cuts) were good. 

Strengths:

My Narrative was good. It was about the missing donut and was really exaggerated through the acting. I met the brief in terms of shooting a scene of someone opening a door and then having a conversation. My over-the shoulder was not perfect but was also not too bad. 

Weaknesses:
However, I broke the 180 degree rule because as one of the characters walked, I filmed on the right side of the room but i filmed the over the shoulder shots on the left side so this must've confused the audience. Also i had some continuity issues because in one scene the door was opened an in the other it was closed. I also could've had a close up of the door as the character opened it. 

I found cutting straight cuts and being able to use each individual take to cut it at the right time the most difficult. I have learned that it is important to leave some extra editing space when filming a scene at the beginning and end so that you have full flexibility when editing. I have also learned that I should take many more takes so that I have extra/ backup content.

























Comments

Popular Posts