Coursework: Preliminary exercise feedback and LR

 1) Type up your teacher's feedback in full plus a summary of the comments you received from other students in the class.

  • Great opening title
  • Excellent cinematography in opening
  • So many amazing shots- wow!
  • I'm not 100% on the cut to black- it is in time with the song but may be a bit difficult to watch. Definitely think about audience experience
  • More of those stunning close-ups please!
  • Will you have a performance element?
2) Using a combination of your own reflection on the preliminary exercise and the feedback you were given, write three WWW bullet points and three EBI bullet points for your TV drama scene.
  • WWW- The quality of the shots were good
  • I was able to complete the prelim in time
  • I used some editing effects such as slow-motion and the zoom in/ zoom out effect.
  • EBI- Make sure all of the shots fit (rule of continuity) 
  • Some shots were a little blurry
  • Explore more with camerawork
3) How effectively did you complete the objective you laid out in your mini preliminary exercise statement of intent?
  • I effectively completed the objective I laid out to an extent. I wasn't able to create the digital painting and make the whole concept work due to time however, I have gone about it another way for the final project so I will still be using the same concept but just executing it in a different way. 
  • I got the paint shots for the first 10 seconds and the wood shots but I intend to get more of a variety of shots and also film in the city for the second location.
4) What have you learned from the preliminary exercise that will help you in the actual coursework project?
  • Time is the essence 
  • How to use Premier Pro to a better level
  • Take extra shots 
5) Now you have completed the preliminary exercise, will you change anything in your actual music video? This could include the narrative or performance element or technical elements such as mise-en-scene, camerawork or editing.

I will change some of the shots I use and also use high/low angles. I will also add more of a cinematic effect on the video and use more editing effects. I may also go to a different location for the woods. Overall, I intend to use a variety of shots and editing effects such as slow-motion, the match cut effect etc.  

Comments

Popular Posts